Types of Dating Websites
Matchmaking, profiles, personals, and more.There are few mega-sized dating websites on the internet, but those few tend to get all the attention from people looking for dates. Each site, though, has it's own unique traits, features, and benefits. Some websites focus on matching people, while others let the people try to find other dates themselves. Here are some of the common dating website types.
Old newspaper personal ads were once the most popular.
- Matchmaking - Some websites focus on personality profiles, interest quizzes, and finding ways to best match their users with other users. These websites can be a fun way to get a quick glimpse into potential matches, and are probably the fastest way to start getting connected with other people, making breaking the ice a little easier.
- Personal Ads - Sometimes a place just asks you to post a personal ad, and lets other uses browse through them. You get a limited number of words to place a static advertisement to sell... yourself. These are a lot more limited than websites with more features and ways to connect.
- Social Networks - Social networking is one of the biggest things of this century, with websites like Facebook, MySpace, and YouTube outpacing anywhere else on the internet. Now with fast connections, users love sharing limitless pictures, messaging, winking, poking, and connecting with others in a huge number of ways.
- Dating Forums - Another common type of dating site is simply a modified forum. Often with just an extended profile added to forum software, they give you a place to chat but aren't as serious about making real relationships.
- Chat Sites - Some, often more adult, dating places are just chat websites. They let you create an account to chat about whatever with other users in real time, but these are also not as likely to get you real dates.